If shopping centre air-conditioning action has been part of your beat-the-heat-routine, you would have seen your favourite stores have moved on – to winter. Yes, in fashion land, summer staples have been packed away for cosy knits and structured shapes.
Get the best of the new season by hitting refresh on your wardrobe, stat. Behold, the seven key trends and how to wear them now. Proceed to purchase.
Anything loose, colourful, long and lightweight meets the brief.
- Key pieces: Turtlenecks, midi pencil skirts, A-line skirts, wide leg trousers, longline coats, capes, pinafore dresses
- Key colours: Cream, muted grey, terracotta, denim
Say so long to standard stripes, these geometric designs are big and bold.
- Key pieces: Knitwear, skirts, dresses, tops
- Key colours: Turquoise, rust, sky blue, black, white, yellow
The new blues
From '90s original cut jeans to patchwork denim, this is true blue durable style at its best.
- Key pieces: A-line skirts, shirts, off-the-shoulder tops, anoraks, jackets, shirt dresses, original fit jeans
- Key colour: Indigo, ink, light wash
Peace, love and lace, fall in love with the sheer drama.
- Key pieces: Floaty maxi dresses, sleek jumpsuits, sheer fabrics, romantic lace dresses
- Key colours: Black, indigo, rust, tan, cream
Get in line with autumn’s khaki dominant palette.
- Key pieces: Trench coats, utility pants, cargo pants, sleeveless blazers, drape front vests
- Key colours: Khaki, white, black, taupe
Versatile, subdued hues for tricky trans-seasonal dressing and beyond.
- Key pieces: Soft knitwear, ribbed off the shoulder dresses, tweed trousers, marl tees
- Key colours: Dove grey, charcoal
The sportswear-meets-street wear trend is going nowhere.
- Key pieces: Slouched tracksuit pants, oversized jumpers, sneakers
- Key colours: Black, grey, navy, white, orange
Posted by Bayfair Shopping Centre on 30 March 2016 within Fashion