- Finely grated zest ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/3 cup)
- 1 tbs honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs brandy
- 500g baby squid, tentacles attached, cleaned and cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g local prawns, heads and shells removed, tails attached
- lime wedges to serve
- sweet chilli sauce to serve (optional)
- Soak 20 wooden skewers in water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and lemon, honey, oil, garlic and brandy in a bowl, add squid and prawns and marinate 30-40 minutes. Weave squid and tentacles on to skewers, then skewer prawns lengthways.
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue until hot, then cook prawns and squid until just done, about 2-3 minutes, turning when slightly browned. Baste with marinade.
- Serve on a platter with lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce for dipping, if liked.
Posted by Bayfair Shopping Centre on 11 October 2016 within Food